The PLANZ executive have been discussing with the Ministry of Education how we can work together to review the current accreditation dimensions.
The Professional Learning Association New Zealand Te Māngai Whakangungu Kaiako o Aotearoa Incorporated (PLANZ) promotes excellence in professional learning and development (PLD) in schools and kura.
Ko tā te manatōpū o Te Māngai Whakangungu Kaiako o Aotearoa, The Professional Learning Association New Zealand (PLANZ), he tautīnei i te angitu o te ngaiotanga i ngā kura arareo Māori, arareo Pākehā anō hoki.
Our purpose is to:
- Develop and maintain a professional identity for education consultancies and professional learning and development facilitators.
- Establish quality standards to encourage consistent professional practice.
- Ensure a high level of professional practice.
- Promote professional excellence within member organisations.
Ō mātou whāinga:
- He takatū, he kōkiri i te tuakiri ngaiotanga mā ngā ūmanga, mā ngā ratonga ngaiotanga me ngā kaihuawaere
- He whakatū i ngā paearu kounga e tauritea ai ngā tikanga ratonga ngaiotanga
- Kia eke ai ngā tikanga ngaiotanga
- He tautīneia kia angitu ai ngā umanga huānga o PLANZ
The Ministry of Education has approached PLANZ to organise a national PLD provider hui 16-17 April 2019.
PLANZ attended the Ministry’s PLD providers day on 16th August 2018.
PLANZ is preparing papers for submission to the Ministry - one on induction and mentoring newly accredited facilitators and one on our ideas about the Ministry’s idea PLD within a learning eco-system
On the 16th October the Executive met to discuss correspondence with the Ministry, updates to the PLANZ website, conference planning and the review of the accreditation process.
The PLANZ Executive support the development of Facilitator Professional Standards that are aligned and cohesive with standards across the teaching profession.
PLANZ has both Maori medium and English medium representation on this Ministry group.
The PLANZ Executive has been working since inception to establish a solid relationship with the Ministry of Education.