PLANZ attended the Ministry’s PLD providers day on 16th August 2018.
The Professional Learning Association New Zealand Te Māngai Whakangungu Kaiako o Aotearoa Incorporated (PLANZ) promotes excellence in professional learning and development (PLD) in schools and kura.
Ko tā te manatōpū o Te Māngai Whakangungu Kaiako o Aotearoa, The Professional Learning Association New Zealand (PLANZ), he tautīnei i te angitu o te ngaiotanga i ngā kura arareo Māori, arareo Pākehā anō hoki.
Our purpose is to:
- Develop and maintain a professional identity for education consultancies and professional learning and development facilitators.
- Establish quality standards to encourage consistent professional practice.
- Ensure a high level of professional practice.
- Promote professional excellence within member organisations.
Ō mātou whāinga:
- He takatū, he kōkiri i te tuakiri ngaiotanga mā ngā ūmanga, mā ngā ratonga ngaiotanga me ngā kaihuawaere
- He whakatū i ngā paearu kounga e tauritea ai ngā tikanga ratonga ngaiotanga
- Kia eke ai ngā tikanga ngaiotanga
- He tautīneia kia angitu ai ngā umanga huānga o PLANZ
PLANZ is preparing papers for submission to the Ministry - one on induction and mentoring newly accredited facilitators and one on our ideas about the Ministry’s idea PLD within a learning eco-system
PLANZ is exploring possibilities for a facilitators national conference
PLANZ has begun discussions on preparing facilitator professional standards
Facilitator accreditation panel
Digital Technologies/Hangarau Matihiko
Curriculum, Progress and Achievement
Meetings with - Ministry of Education, Education Council, NZPF, PPTA, NZEI